PlayConnect STOs are based within the State & Territory Playgroup Association offices nationally and are charged with coordinating the local implementation of PlayConnect Playgroups.
Some roles that are specific to the STO. These include:
- Oversee and support the development, delivery and progress of PlayConnect groups.
- Manage PlayConnect Playgroup Facilitators.
- Contribute to the development of resources to support the implementation of PlayConnect Playgroups atlocal, state and national levels.
- Adhere to administrative requirements and policies
- Communicate with PlayConnect Playgroups Program
Inherent to these roles are some specific duties and responsibilities. These are outlined below.
Oversee and support the development, delivery and progress of PlayConnect groups
- Identify, scope and recommend playgroup sites for implementation in accordance with the PlayConnect Playgroups Site Selection Strategy
- Regularly monitor the delivery and progress of PlayConnect groups
- Acquire information, developing resources and contributing to relevant activities to assist families to access early intervention support services
Manage PlayConnect Playgroup Facilitators.
- Select and induct appropriately qualified staff to facilitate PlayConnect Playgroups in line with the PlayConnect Playgroup Facilitators Position Description
- Provide regular supervision, support and mentoring for PlayConnect Playgroup Facilitators.
Contribute to the development of resources to support the implementation of PlayConnect Playgroups at local, state and national levels.
- Contribute to the development of program resources thatimplement best practice models to improve program quality
- Participate in training and professional development activities to support Program delivery in accordance with the national PlayConnect Playgroups Training Strategy.
Adhere to administrative requirements and responsibilities
- Oversee the collection of evaluation data fromPlayConnect Playgroup participants and partners as required through program Facilitators
- Ensure activity, performance and evaluation reports are prepared
- Undertake appropriate quality assurance and risk management activities
Communicate with PlayConnect Playgroups Programstakeholders
- Liaise with government and non-government agencies that can support and add value to the PlayConnect Playgroups
- Participate in meetings and other forums requiring input from PlayConnect Playgroups State/TerritorySTO’s.
- Liaise with other State/Territory Playgroup Association personnel so thatPlayConnect Playgroups are sustained
- Coordinate visits and input from various staff (for example Playgroup Association Development Officers and ASD early intervention professionals) to support families.
- Professionally manage program and management queries, and consumer/ partner expectations