This PlayConnect Background document aims to provide insight into the PlayConnect program and to create a small picture of how children with ASD and ASD-like characteristics can find a better way in life. If used in conjunction with the other elements of the Facilitators Toolkit this document will provide essential direction and support to all participants in the program.
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- A little more about Autism
- Diagnosis (then and now)
- Diagnostic process
- Understanding the role of support services and health professionals
- How does ASD affect a family?
- Further information and support